15 higher education champions from both sides of the aisle are endorsed by Graduate Washington.
SEATTLE, Wash. – Graduate Washington announces its legislative endorsements for the 2018 general election. The organization is proud to support the following state legislative candidates:
- Rep. Marcus Riccelli (D-3, Position 1)
- Chad Magendanz (R-5, Position 1)
- Rep. Paul Graves (R-5, Position 2)
- Randy Michaelis (D-7, Position 1)
- Bengie Aguilar (D-15, Senate)
- Sen. Marko Liias (D-21, Senate)
- Jamie Smith (D-25, Position 1)
- Rep. Christine Kilduff (D-28, Position 2)
- Rep. Noel Frame (D-36, Position 1)
- Rep. Gael Tarleton (D-36, Position 2)
- Sen. Rebecca Saldaña (D-37, Senate)
- Sharon Shewmake (D-42, Position 2)
- Rep. Gerry Pollet (D-46, Position 1)
- Sen. Patty Kuderer (D-48, Senate)
- Amy Walen (D-48, Position 2)
Every applicant for Graduate Washington’s endorsements and financial support was assessed for an interest in promoting accessible higher education, a passion for helping students, and a history of effective civil leadership. These 15 candidates all demonstrated their nuanced understanding of higher education policy and commitment to supporting Washington state students.
These 15 candidates are champions for expanding accessibility, affordability, accountability and academic quality. Graduate Washington looks forward to working with each candidate on behalf of every student in Washington.